- Job & Career Training
- Cardiographic Technician
- Dental Assisting
- Early Child Care Education/CDA
- Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Natural Resources/Ranger/Basic Peace Officer Academy
- Course/Class Offerings
- Certificate & Continuing Education
- Personal Enrichment
- Computers/IT & Business
- Construction, Industrial & Automotive Technology
- Online Classes
- Customized Training
- GED/Learn English/ABLE
- Earn Your GED
- GED Test Voucher
- GED Classes in Middleburg Heights
- GED Classes in Medina County
- Other GED Classes
- GED Class FAQ
- Financial Aid
- Course Catalog
- Office Hours
- General Information
- Contact Us
- Special Admissions
- Career-Tech Programs
- Automotive Technology
- Business Professional & Office Technology
- Computer Networking
- Construction Trades
- Culinary Academy
- Chef Training
- Baking & Pastry Arts
- Digital Art & Design
- Electronics & Alternative Energy
- Heating, Ventilating & A/C
- Welding Technology
- Satellite Programs
- Fairview High School
- Biomedical Sciences (Fairview)
- Pre-Engineering (Fairview)
- Middleburg Heights Junior High
- Biomedical Sciences (Middleburg Heights Junior High)
- Pre-Engineering (Middleburg Heights Junior High)
- North Olmsted High School
- Biomedical Sciences (North Olmsted)
- Computer Networking (North Olmsted)
- Berea-Midpark High School
- Biomedical Sciences (Berea-Midpark)
- Pre-Engineering (Berea-Midpark)
- Teaching Professions (Berea-Midpark)
- Pathway to College
- Course Catalog
- Future Students
- Current Students
- High School Calendar
- High School Administration
- Pay School Fees Online
- Guidance Department
- College Resources
- Student Connect
- Sophomore Visitation Forms
- Parent Connect
- Organizations & Competitions
- Educational Resources
- Student Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Student Handbook & Code of Conduct
- Bullying, Harassment, Intimidation, & Hazing
- Pay School Fees Online
When can I apply to Polaris Career Center?
Students can complete the on-line application beginning October 2015.
What are the minimum requirements to attend Polaris?
A student must be 16 years of age or of junior standing by October 15 of the year they wish to attend. Students will be accepted based on their score on the Polaris Success Rubric. This rubric scores students on freshman year attendance, citizenship, number of credits earned, and attendance at Polaris recruitment activities.
When will I know if I’ve been accepted to Polaris?
Students will be notified in January after rubric scores are calculated.
How can I increase my chances of being accepted?
Students who attend our recruiting events (9th grade Advantage, Sophomore Visitations, and Open House), have good attendance and have earned the most credits during their freshman year have the best chance of getting accepted to Polaris.
What is the deadline for applications?
Students will be ranked according to the Polaris Success Rubric at the end of first semester. Applications will still be accepted through the beginning of the school year based on availability in each program.
Besides the on-line application, what other paperwork needs to be completed for enrollment?
Students need to submit a personal statement (either as an electronic attachment during the on-line application or printed and returned to their counselor).
Does each school still have guaranteed seats?
Each of the 6 schools receives one guaranteed seat (the person with the highest score from each school for each program is automatically accepted).
Can a student with a higher rubric score that applies later in the year “bump” a student who has already been accepted?
No, once a student is accepted their spot is secured.
Can seniors enroll in a two-year program?
Only students who are juniors can enroll in a Polaris two-year program. Exceptions may be made for students who are on an IEP based on the team’s recommendation.
Where can I get more information?
Questions can be directed to the Polaris Enrollment Office at 440.891.7732.
Where can I get the latest Polaris news and event information?
Visit www.polaris.edu and “like” us on www.facebook.com/polariscareercenter.